Who we serve?
Beyond Challenges is designed to equip members to achieve and maintain personal growth in the each curriculum listed below. To live as independently as possible Beyond Challenges member will focus on these major areas and growth that will give them the tools to achieve and get beyond their challenges. Each area in growth will introduce structure, personalized learning opportunities to further develop the members knowledge and skills in the area they need it most.
Who do we serve?
Over the years we’ve observed the following members thrive within our curriculum program .
- Members who have company primary diagnosis of intellectual or development disability or cognitive delay.
- Members who are comfortable handling ADLs for self care.
- Members who are able to move around with minimal staff assistance
- Members looking to build a foundation in living activities and grow in their independence.
- Members who enjoy engaging with peers and living in a peer-centered environment.
- Members who have the ability to follow basic organizational rules design for everyones safety and well being.
- Members who do not want to harm themselves or others, and does not have history of major behaviors.
- Members who have graduated high school.
Low function activities include:
- Memory Skills Activities
- Focus Activities
- Sensory Stimulation Activities
- Range of Motion Exercises
- Gross and Fine Motor Skills Activities
- Calming Breathing Exercises
- Nature Hunts/Activities
- Basic Safety Training
- Music Appreciation
- Coping Strategies/Activities
- Vision Impaired
- Hearing Disabilities
- Feeding Assistance